Monday, May 23, 2011

Pearl Jam: "Why Go"

It finally feels like summer in Chicago! Which means we're entering the season of music festivals, Sunday afternoon sports and drinking, and the drafting of a summer bucket list. This will be the summer I discover a love for camping, for instance. I figure if I say it enough, it'll come true, even though I don't own a tent or any supplies per se. Minor obstacles.

Anyway Pearl Jam is, to me, a summer band. You can't properly listen to Pearl Jam unless you're outdoors, slightly inebriated, and wearing loose-fitting hippie clothes, like ponchos and ankle bells. (Anything more and you'd overheat.) I wish you a summer full of such experiences and invite you to kick it off with a classic off the 1991 album Ten. Oh my God it's been 20 years. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment