Friday, May 6, 2011

Arctic Monkeys: "Fake Tales of San Fransicso"

This song reminds me of spring, probably because the first time I heard it I was walking down the street in Evanston and the sun was shining and the flowers were blooming and the birds were chirping. Not that I could hear them, because I had this blasting in my ear. I do that with songs; I associate them with a place or a person or a feeling and they'll forever remind me of that, even if the song itself has nothing to do with spring or that person or whatever. It's one of the reasons music is so powerful, that muscle memory.

This song, the beat and lick are so simple, but the song burrows into your head. Listen to this three times and it'll be there forever. And I maintain that anything sang in a British accent -- especially by Alex Turner -- is undeniably sexy and attractive. Enjoy.

"Fake Tales of San Fransisco," performed by the Arctic Monkeys
Original on the Arctic Monkeys' "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment