Thursday, May 26, 2011

Haley Reinhart: "Bennie and the Jets"


So I know I just did a post on American Idol's most recent talent discovery, Haley Reinhart, but now I can't stop YouTubing her performances. With each video I'm more convinced that American Idol voters are just plain stupid for voting her off. Though I guess I would have to vote to earn the privilege of complaining about the result. But I mean -- good lord, this girl is so talented.

I love Haley's cover of this song (originally released by Elton John in 1974) partly because it's gritty and kind of raunchy and totally convincing, and partly because it reminds me of this scene from the beloved romcom 27 Dresses. I spent one winter break in college watching and rewinding and rewatching this movie for like nine days straight. Yes, I'm a sucker.


Oh James Marsden and Katherine Heigl, you jokesters! But seriously, that looks fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment