Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Maroon 5: "Sunday Morning"


It's Tuesday, but I'm dreaming of Sunday. Best day of the week.

I adore Maroon 5. They're the exact right balance of pop and rock, and Adam Levine's voice is unique and pitch-perfect. He's pretty much the reason I started watching The Voice (the newest American Idol knock-off) and now I'm sort of obsessed. Don't be surprised to see some performances from that show making their way to this blog; the array of characters they've got is both astonishing and refreshing.

This song is a classic, off Songs About Jane (2002), which in my opinion is one of the best albums released in the last decade. It's solid all the way through, and the live performance is just as soothing and musically entertaining as the studio version. Adam's got more than a little soul in him. And he can rock the skinny tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment