Monday, June 13, 2011

Bonnie Raitt: "Women Be Wise"


I haven't had much time lately to find new music. It's a part-time job, searching out and finding suitable artists to obsess over. My three-month Weezer love affair was relatively short-lived, but man was it intense. Last week my friend sent me a link to download the bootleg of the live show that initiated my passion in January. So I've been revisiting a lot of what I already listen to.

The exception is Bonnie Raitt, who I'd heard of but I had no concept of what kind of music she made or her role in the industry. Turns out she's a pretty epic blues singer-songwriter and activist, with nine Grammys to her name. And now that I've looked her up, I do recognize one of her big songs, "Something to Talk About," which is just as sassy in live performance as on a recording.

Moral of the story: I need to find me some more Bonnie Raitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment