Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weezer: "Undone (The Sweater Song)"

Today's goal: Write this blog post in the amount of time it takes the song to play. Ready go.

Last night I was at trivia with some friends I don't see too often and we were giving brief "life updates." I gave the basics -- work, school, social life -- and also mentioned my current musical obsession with Weezer thanks to attending a concert in January with my friend Laura (who was present for trivia and flaunts the startlingly useful skill of recognizing musicians from their high school photos). (Kurt Cobain ftw.)

My roommate rolled her eyes in my general direction and said something along the lines of, "Yeah, whenever I pass your room I hear the song about the SWEATERRRRRR."

She was talking about this song. Even more specifically, this video, which I LOVE because it's from 1994 and Rivers' hair kind of defies the passage of time. I also can't get over the rhythmic babbling. Did you catch "eggplant" in there somewhere?

Time's up. Say hi to Jon Stewart, and enjoy.

"Undone (The Sweater Song)," performed by Weezer.
Original on Weezer's Blue Album (1994).

No comments:

Post a Comment