Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Carrie Underwood: "Cowboy Casanova"

I'm not a regular country listener, but I'm blown away by Carrie Underwood in this video. I need to get more of her stuff.

Underwood is musically gifted, but she also fits the country songstress archetype perfectly. A beautiful blond with a big voice, little jean shorts, a white shirt and cowboy boots, trendy, sexy but not lude, with killer legs. She's got Shania's attitude, Shakira's body and Aretha's powerful voice, complete with a blues twang. She is what every girl under the age of 16 wants to look, sound and be like -- at least in this particular community. The community that listens to pop country, which undeniably encompasses much of middle America, particularly the Midwest. It's a reminder of how much our society is influenced by famous, pretty, and/or talented people. (And also by what kids in Iowa think is cool.)

Hell, I'd love to be Carrie Underwood when I grow up. I mean, damn. Enjoy.


"Cowboy Casanova," performed by Carrie Underwood.
Original on Underwood's "Play On" (2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment