Monday, November 28, 2011

Maroon 5 & Travie McCoy: "Stereo Hearts"


I started this blog earlier this year for the specific purpose of getting a certain Weezer song out of my head. I'd literally listened to it a dozen times a day for a week, and I feared I may grow to hate the song, as tends to happen with radio overplay. By posting it on the blog, I got it out of my system and maintained the integrity of the intrinsic enjoyment it still brings me. That and Sara Bareilles is just so darn cute.

As you may have surmised by this point, I'm hoping to achieve the same success with this radio hit, a collaboration between Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Travie McCoy of Gym Class Heroes. My love for Levine is no secret -- he's ear and eye candy of the highest caliber -- but Travie McCoy is also fun to watch, spitting rhymes while Adam dances with the mic stand.

Okay fine, so maybe I was watching Adam the entire time. But Travie sounds good, so I assume he's fun to watch too. Crank it up, appreciate when good songs make it to the top of the pop charts, and have a happy and productive Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment