Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Adele live at the 2011 iTunes Music Festival in London


You knew this was coming. How long was I going to last posting Full Concert Tuesdays before I got to Adele? Approximately six weeks, it seems, because here she is.

As I've mentioned every time I write about Adele, I'm obsessed with her live CD/DVD filmed at Royal Albert Hall in September 2011. A couple months before that, in July 2011, Adele performed today's concert at the Roundhouse in London, which she says during the concert is one of her favorite venues. Her monologue between songs turns into a conversation with the audience; she asks how they're doing, drinks hot honey and pines for wine, and tells the stories behind her songs and the covers. As at the Albert Hall concert, here she's charming and bubbly and excited and adorably British. The sound is tight, from Adele to the band to the back-up singers, and the space feels intimate, lit with magically floating table lamps.

Have I mentioned that I just love her? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment