Thursday, February 9, 2012

Adele: "Don't You Remember"


I'm on the road today, so here's a quickie. I am still obsessed with the Adele album I mentioned at the end of December, thus today's seven-hour bus ride between Chicago and Cincinnati will feature this song in heavy rotation. The lyrics are a total bummer -- she's talking to the guy who used to love her (you know, the one who broke her heart, leading her to write songs that have subsequently made her millions of dollars), and she's pretty much begging him to take her back. "Don't you remember the reason you loved me before?" she cries. "I gave you the space so you could breathe, I kept my distance so you could be free."

Apparently that didn't really work.

But Adele has got no time for pride, either in the lyrics or in her appearance in this video. It's such a treat to see Adele sans her usual cake of makeup. She looks like she may have just gotten up off the couch, after sitting there crying for the last few months.

 Pull yourself together, woman.

Crying about how rich she is, that is.

Tune in tomorrow for an exciting post from "abroad" (ie Cincinnati), and don't miss Adele performing on the Grammys this Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment