Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eminem: "The Real Slim Shady"


I am legit really excited for the Eminem set on Saturday night of Lolla. I've been listening to him since junior high school, and he all but defined my angry teenage years. My god, I was so innocent in high school. That was the peak of my acting out: driving around Hilo with no destination, Mountain Dew in hand, Eminem blaring through the speakers. Real rebellious stuff right there. I may have even run a red light once. SCANDAL.

But really, I've loved Eminem for more than 10 years. I even liked that movie where he bangs Brittany Murphy in a warehouse (RIP, Brittany Murphy). I'm looking forward to feeling the energy of a live show for the first time. Hopefully he doesn't do too much off the latest album, which I admit I haven't listened to much, as it came out long after I found more satisfying ways to rebel. Plus how badass will I look when I know all the lyrics to every song on the Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, and Encore?

Pretty fucking badass, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment